One of the cool things and most useful things of this site is to be able to track your progress on the Google Map as you walk a track. This feature shows a blue dot or other symbol moving along the track as you walk. It enables you to benefit in the following ways:
- Know exactly where you are on the track
- Keep from getting lost
- Easily communicate with someone in the event of an emergency – giving instructions on where you are
- See how far you have come and how far you have left to travel
- Locate the various entrances / exits to the track
- See the prime points of interest on the Track as you explore
If you can not find the tracking dot or symbol on your map, consider the following solutions:
- Ensure the Track Map is opened within Google Live, not just the Google Map. To do this, access the Map by clicking the Navigation Google Map Link on the Tracks’ Page in the website or click on the expand icon in the top right of the Google Map that is near the end of the Tracks’ Webpage.
- Ensure Google Maps is downloaded on your phone or device. This can be accomplished at Google Play or AppStore.
- You will require internet access and data working on your phone or device.
- Check your phone / devices location settings so Google is able to locate you.
Hopefully this provides everything you need to know so you can navigate the track in real time.
If you still have questions or wish to post a comment, please do so below.